The Washington State Legislature passed legislation (SB 5488) in 2022 that provided funding and directed the Washington State Transportation Commission to adjust toll rates on the Tacoma Narrow Bridge (TNB). Based upon this direction and the funding amount provided, the Commission plans to reduce TNB toll rates by October 1, 2022.
What Is The Rate Reduction Proposal?
The Commission is proposing the following rate reduction:
- A Flat 75 cent toll rate reduction for 2-axle vehicles, with a per axle multiplier applied for vehicles with 3+ axles (per current practice)
You can review the revised toll rates here.
What Is The Schedule Moving Forward?
The schedule for carrying out this toll rate change is outlined below:
- June: Gather public input on the three options
- July Commission Meeting (July 19-20): Review public input & updated financial analysis; select toll rate reduction proposal for further public review and comment
- August 23rd – 10:00 a.m.: Virtual Public Hearing on toll rate reduction proposal
- October 1: New toll rates take effect
- Online: Provide feedback via our online comment form
- Email: Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: Call the Commission at: 360-705-7070.
- Testify: Provide your comments during the Commission’s virtual public hearing at 10:00 a.m. on August 23rd. See above for how to sign up to comment.
- NOTE: The online comment forum is now closed.