- WSTC to visit Battle Ground & review area transportation issues
- WSTC to vote on proposed Tacoma Narrows Bridge toll rate reduction
- WSTC to select Tacoma Narrows Bridge toll reduction approach
- More News
No Pending actions at this time.
- Tacoma Narrows Bridge (TNB) Toll Rate Reduction:
- The Commission held a hearing on August 23rd and voted to reduce toll rates on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge which will take effect October 1, 2022.
- More information on this rate reduction can be found here.
- Ferry Fares – 18 and Under Ride Free:
- Based upon legislative direction, the Commission took action to allow passengers who are 18 years of age or younger, to ride for free on all Washington State Ferry routes.
- This fare change will be implemented on October 1, 2022.
- Ferry Fuel Surcharge Modification:
- The Commission took action on emergency rule making at its meeting on June 22nd to amend the current administrative rule authorizing a ferry fuel surcharge to be paid by ferry riders if certain conditions are met.
- The amendment to the rule will require the Commission to review and approve a ferry fuel surcharge before it can be implemented by Washington State Ferries.
- With the emergency rule now in place, the next step is to make the changes permanent via a full rule making process that will take place in the next year at which time, public review and comment will be gathered.
Policy Issue Areas
Studded tires (pdf 151 kb)
Transportation 101 (pdf 1.2 mb )