In 2012, the Legislature directed the Transportation Commission, in close cooperation with WSDOT and with guidance from a multi-stakeholder steering committee, to conduct an assessment of Road Usage Charging and determine if it is feasible. Road Usage Charging (RUC) is the notion of charging users of the road system a per mile charge, as opposed to our current system in which we pay for our roads via a gas tax that is assessed on a per gallon basis at the time we purchase our fuel.
The Commission was directed in the 2010 Transportation Budget (ESSB 6381) to review regional prioritized projects as part of its development of the Washington Transportation Plan.
In January, 2011 the Commission completed the Regional Transportation Priority Projects Report (pdf 22 mb)
The Commission was directed in the 2010 Transportation Budget (ESSB 6381) (pdf 1.03 mb) to conduct a best practices review of non-toll public private partnerships ad to make recommendations on how these kinds of PPP's could be pursued in Washington State at the state level.
In January, 2011 the Commission approved the final report for the Best Practices Review of Washington State Public Private Partnership Programs and Laws for Non-Toll Facility Projects (pdf 13mb).
- January 2008 TNB Toll Revenue Expenditure Review (pdf 2.6 mb)
- 2006 & 2008 Tolling Studies
- I-405 Independent Eastside Corridor Traffic & Revenue Study
Washington Transportation Plan
- Washington Transportation Plan 2035 Update (pdf 459kb)
- Washington Transportation Plan 2030
- 2007 Washington Transportation Plan (pdf 5 mb)
- 2007 Washington Transportation Plan Executive Summary (pdf 610 kb)
- Ferry Fuel Surcharge Report (pdf 643 kb)
- Ferry Fuel Surcharge Presentation (pdf 327 kb)
- 2007/08 Long-Term Ferry Funding Study
- Ferry Naming Rights Report (pdf 473 kb)
Transportation Innovative Partnership Study
Northwest Transportation Summit
Ferry Riders Opinion Group (FROG)
- 2014/15 Ferry Riders Opinion Group (FROG) Surveys
- 2012-2013 Ferry Riders Opinion Group (FROG) Surveys
- 2010-2011 Ferry Riders Opinion Group (FROG) Survey
- 2008 Ferry Customer Survey
Voice of Washington State (VOWS) Survey Panel
The Voice of Washington State (VOWS) survey panel was established in 2011 and as of October 2013, has grown to over 40,000 members statewide. It is comprised of people from all over the state who want to share their views and preferences on all things transportation. You can join the survey panel anytime by signing up on the VOWS Page. All surveys are emailed to panel members and are done online. They occur periodically throughout the year and vary in length and topic. All results from the surveys are sent to the Governor and Legislature for their consideration and review.
- 2014 Voice of Washington State Survey Panel
- 2013 Voice of Washington State Survey Panel
- 2012 Statewide Transportation System Survey
- 2011 Statewide Transportation System Survey