The Commission has released its proposal to increase ferry fares over the next two years. The proposed fare increases will generate $357 million between July 1, 2015 and June 20, 2017 as required in the recently passed state transportation budget.
The Commission is proposing a two-year increase in ferry fares. A summary of the proposal is as follows:
- October 1, 2015: a 2.5 percent fare increase for vehicles and a 1 percent fare increase for passengers.
- October 1, 2015: the current over-height surcharge for vehicles less than 22 feet in length is eliminated.
- October 1, 2015: the over-height waiver currently in place for qualifying disability vehicles 22- to 30-feet long will be expanded to include any feature necessary to accommodate a disability on the vehicle, that may add height, rather than limiting it to a lift or other mechanism.
- May 1, 2016: a 2.5 percent fare increase for vehicles and a 1 percent fare increase for passengers.
- May 1, 2016: the over-height fare threshold for vehicles 22- to 30-feet long will be reduced from the current 7 feet 6 inches, to 7 feet 2 inches.
The full text of the proposal:
WAC 468-300-010; WAC 468-300-020; WAC 468-300-040 and WAC 468-300-220
A summary presentation will be presented at each meeting which reviews the fare proposal at a high level. You can review it here.
Public Outreach Schedule for 2015
County Administrative Office
6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
You will be able to observe the meeting via Live Web Stream using the link below. NOTE - this link will not be active until the meeting begins.
If you have questions during the meeting, you can email them to the following email address, and we will do our best to respond:
Clinton Community Hall
|6 p.m. - 8 p.m.|
|12 noon - 1:30 p.m.|
Kitsap Conference Center at Bremerton Harborside
|6 p.m. - 8 p.m.|
10 a.m. - 12 noon
Details on How to Participate in the On-Line Virtual Meeting
You can participate in this meeting from your computer, tablet or smart phone.
NOTE: If you are using a smart phone or tablet to participate in the virtual meeting, you will need to download a free application called ClickMeeting from your device's app store. You do not need a webcam to participate in this meeting.
Instructions for Participation in the Online Meeting Via Internet Access:
- If using a PC or laptop click on the URL provided (will be provided the day of the meeting.)
- If using a tablet or smart phone use the ClickMeeting app and enter the meeting ID # (will be provided the day of the meeting.)
- You will be asked to enter your name and email address. You will then be placed in a waiting period until the meeting begins.
- If your device has audio capability, you will be able to hear the meeting through its speakers.
- Once the meeting begins, participants will be able to view, download and listen to the presentation material being presented.
- If you have a question or comment, you can type it into the participant chat box appearing on screen.
- Questions and comments will be reviewed by our moderating team for appropriate language and will then go before the Commissioners and staff for response.
Meeting ID#: 661-136-632
Instructions for Participation in the Online Meeting Via Phone:
If you do not have internet access you can simply call in. Just follow the instructions below.
Phone Number: (206) 453-2087
Phone PIN: 164349#